Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Writing Proficiency Exam [Help!]

I recently remembered that I signed up to take the Writing Proficiency Exam on Friday.
I feel so unprepared and am scared to take it.

I knew I had to take it this semester because I am taking my last writing class (World Masterpiece Two)- so the writing is fresh on my mind.
However, I don't know what to expect from the exam or how to prepare for it.

If you have taken it please give me some tips.

For those of you who don't know what the WPE:
"The Writing Proficiency Examination, is a graduation requirement for all LTU undergraduate students. It's a timed (two and a half hours) writing exam during which you write an essay of at least three double-spaced pages (at least 750 words) in response to one of several writing prompts provided at the exam. You write the essay on a laptop computers provided for that purpose."

If a student fails it the first time, they can take it a second time with a $25 registration fee. If they fail the second time, they are required to take another Com course- and if they fail that course, they can not graduate.
So you can see why I am nervous!

1 comment:

  1. It's really easy. Trust me, I'm not just saying that because I like to write. If you can write a sentence with proper grammar in response to a question [which I know you can!], you will pass. It's a Credit/No Credit thing.

    ReplyDelete