Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Greek Day Results

I promised to blog about the results of Song and Skit & Greek Day...so here it is:

Delta Tau Sigma won Song & Skit!! I was really happy, specially since I put a lot of time into it.

As far as Greek Day goes...

So who won the cup? Let's put it this way- no one.

Everything was fine until the afternoon events.
After the morning events, DTS was tied with Chi Omega Rho- then we had lunch- and then started the afternoon events.
We got through two out of the five afternoon events until the storm hit. (DTS was down by two)

Everyone had to run in for shelter- the weather was really bad! 
I ran in to the architecture building with no phone or car keys (because the person who had then was no where to be found)- then I saw the ambulance in the Tech parking lot.
What happened? I don't know all the details, but a girl (who is a Deepher) go her wrist ran over by someone riding a motorcycle. One of my sorority alumnae called the ambulance.

The storm didn't even last an hour- and everyone was ready to continue the events, until we heard what had happened. Out of respect, DTS decided to not continue with Greek Day since many of the Deephers had left and were not competing anymore. We couldn't be proud of a trophy knowing that the Deephers were not competing and that one of them got hurt...

So like I said, no one got the trophy. We are still trying to figure out if there will be a make-up Greek Day so we can see who the winner is.


1 comment:

  1. Just so you know -- we really appreciate the fact that you guys decided to withdraw. You didn't have to -- none of us would have been mad! But it was really classy of you guys and we would totally have done the same for you if you were in our position.

    And I guess the O'Rhos are getting the trophy . . . at least that's what Danielle told me.

    ReplyDelete