Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm VP of DTS

On Monday my sorority had our last meeting of the year, and as we normally do on the last meeting, we had elections.

I came to the realization that now Megan Motta and I are the oldest members of Delta Tau Sigma!
How did that happen? It seems like it was yesterday when I pledged DTS (Fall 2006).
The girls were so nice, fun, and most of all loved the sorority. I wanted to be part of this great group of girls.

I am so glad I joined. It has been a memorable experience.
However, when I was a new member, I was just learning more and more about the sorority and its traditions. I always had an older member to look up to and ask questions.
Now our only two older members left are graduating, making me and Megan the oldest members. This seriously makes me want to cry! 
I love the new girls and always will, but it is so different being the "go-to-person."

I have never ran for an E-board position before...and I can't figure out why. 
I guess I always knew someone above me that was great for President, or Vice President.

This year I felt I was ready to have more of a leadership position and continue to help the sorority grow. I am so thankful to have been elected as Vice President.

Though it is going to be a different experience, I am going to make the best out of it next year being the "big dog". I have learned so much from the previous members and am happy to be able to share it with the current and future Delta Tau's.

1 comment:

  1. Aww I just got done being a VP!

    It can be tough, but it's very rewarding! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete