Friday, April 10, 2009

Local 4


My Advanced TV Writing Class went to the Local 4 studio on Thursday. It was a really exciting trip.

I was able to see how a newscast is run backstage. It is definitely a lot of work! 

When you turn on the TV you see the talent behind the anchor table, but the people who are really running the show are off camera. There is the audio person, camera person, producer, director, floor manager, etc.

We met Devin Scillian, Rhonda Walker, Ruth Spencer, and a couple
of other people. They were really nice and gave us great advice.

My favorite part of the night was able to sit on the anchor chair and pretend to be working for Local 4 :)

I am still not 100% sure of what I want to do, but I have narrowed it done to three: Anchor, reporter, or advertising (TV commercials). So being an anchor is one of my dream jobs.

I have to extend a thanks to Erian for being the only person who thought about bringing a camera- thanks to 
her I am able share my memories of sitting at the anchor desk.

I also have to thank my two amazing professors (do I get extra credit for that? jk lol)- for taking us to Local 4. It was a great learning experience.


1 comment:

  1. it was super cool going to the studio! it was so much fun. for the record, I thought about bringing my camera, I just forgot to grab it

    I'll thank our two amazing professors as well for taking us to Local 4 and to Anchor Bar. good times with good friends and good people

    ReplyDelete