Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Glove Miracle






























This is me on Saturday morning helping out at Birney Elementary. The LTU Day of Service was a great success! LTU SOUL (Society of University Leaders) paired up with United Way to provide community service. About 50 students came out and helped clean up. 
I was a site leader for the day and was in charge of making sure everyone signed waivers and were on task. It was definitely a great experience.

There was a little misunderstanding though. Since details were provided last minute, the majority of the students (including me) thought we would be working inside. Therefore, many students did not bring layers of clothes (it was cold that day!) and gloves- and we had to pick up trash, rake, sweep, etc. The nice thing was that the students came with a lot of positive attitude and went to work without gloves.

At the beginning, since I was picking up garbage I was seriously praying for some miracle- I needed gloves badly! I was keeping a positive attitude, but at the same time due to some glass on the ground and other "yucky" messes there was no way I could do a good job quickly. I was picking up things slowly and making sure I didn't hurt myself or who knows- touch something dangerous.
Then- the lord heard my prayer! As I was walking (this was literally 5 minutes after we got to the site) I saw this beautiful glove laying on the grass. I swear it was there just for me! The glove was in perfect condition- I immediately picked it up, put it on, and was able to pick up some much garbage in little time.

In the picture above I am displaying my beautiful glove! I was very proud of it and told everyone about it. That glove was a blessing!

I did, unfortunately, have to throw it away at the end- since it got really filthy, but it served its purpose. I know that the little girl who lost if is probably crying or suffering about losing it, but she lost it just for me because I REALLY needed it! So thank you!

I am a strong believer that everything happens for a reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment