Thursday, February 5, 2009

It never hurts to ask...

It never hurts to ask....
something I learned a long time ago.

Something so simple can open up so many opportunities.
I keep getting asked how I got my evening gown dress sponsored for the Miss Lawrence Tech pageant this Saturday (Feb 7th); and the answer is simple- I went to different stores and asked if they would be willing to sponsor me a dress.

Now, I was lucky because the first store I went to said yes (Group USA in Great Lakes Crossing); but I needed another dress for my talent and I asked about five different stores that gave me a "no"- but did I lose anything? nope!

Finally, I found a store (Guys N' Gals) to sponsor me a dress for my talent.
So, while other girls are buying a dress or looking for someone to lend them one, I got a brand-new dress to wear for the pageant. And why? because I asked.

Asking someone for help is probably the smartest thing I have done- rather than have the "I can do it myself" attitude. Sometimes, you need to ask.

How have I gotten my tuition waved twice? Gotten cafe cash so I don't starve throughout the year? Gotten numerous scholarships? I asked someone for help.



3 comments:

  1. you got your tuition waived? as in, they said you just didn't have to pay for school? how did that happen lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup!- I asked for help :) lol
    The amount was never over $600- but hey! It's a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you got your gowns donated. That's awesome.

    Tell us more about getting tuition waived. I'm curious about that one for sure!!

    ReplyDelete