Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Won Miss Lawrence Tech!


I can hardly explain all the emotions that I am feeling right now-
I am happy, excited, thankful, grateful, proud, nervous, and more....

I was extremely nervous all day yesterday and throughout the pageant.
I've been on-stage so many times throughout my life and never been SO nervous and I didn't know why at first, and then I realized it was because I REALLY wanted to win- it was so important to me and my nerves of not realizing my dream took over.

I could barely walk because my legs were shaking and my upper lip was shaking at one point! haha never had that happen before!

I am re-living the moment when they announced my name as the first Miss Lawrence Tech- I was SO happy I had tears of joy.

This means so much to me. Not only because of the scholarship, but because I have an opportunity to advocate my platform "High School Drop-out Prevention."

I have always wanted to make a positive change and difference in the world and now I have an opportunity to do that.
I am also honored to represent Lawrence Technological University. 

I am looking forward to my year of service as Miss Lawrence Tech and wish to find numerous opportunities to speak out about the importance of education (specifically a high school diploma).

I am thankful to God, my family, and my friends for all their support.

Miss Michigan hear I come!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Andrea! You did great at the pageant! Way to represent Media Communications!!

    ReplyDelete