Thursday, March 5, 2009

SOUL

SOUL of (Society of University Leaders) is a soon-to-be organization at LTU that I recently joined. (I know- I just can't stop joining stuff! What can I say? I loved being involved).

I am extremely happy that students and staff at LTU have taken the time to come up with an organization like SOUL. From the two meetings I have attended this semester we have a Relay for Life team set up and we plan to participate in a 24 hour relay to fundraise for and fight cancer.
SOUL also has a LTU service day in which we want as many LTU students to participate. SOUL has partnered up with United Way to provide community service. 
The LTU service day is Saturday, April 4th. If you are interested in participating let me know!

There are other activities that are going on to fundraise for a good cause.
I recommend LTU students getting involved in SOUL.

Today at the meeting I won a prize too! An LTU shirt, coffee mug, and two pencils.
What a great initiative to get people to show up!

1 comment:

  1. SOUL sounds like a plan. I am all for LTU service day.

    ReplyDelete