Thursday, March 19, 2009

From High School to Elementary

So, incase you didn't know I work at a high school.

Recently they asked me if I could help at a elementary and get more hours- and of course, my answer was YEA!

Truthfully, at the beginning when I applied for the job, I wanted to work at a elementary or middle school- because I absolutely LOVE kids. But I ended up at a high school; which actually ended up helping me achieve my goal of helping students get a diploma- so everything definitely happens for a reason!

My first day at the elementary was yesterday- I was so excited!
I get to tutor this 1st grade Hispanic student, and she is adorable.

The school needed someone who spoke her language because she is a little behind in the learning. One of the few benefits of being bilingual :)

This little girl is so smart- she was so happy that I spoke Spanish.

It is definitely a huge change to work with high school students and then with an elementary student. 

I love the change though.


No comments:

Post a Comment