Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chess Boxing??

I turned on the Discovery Channel today and apparently there is a new sport that was recently invented called chess boxing hahaha sorry but who thought of that combination??

Not sure if I totally understand the concept but the guys sit in a ring and play chess for an amount of time and then box for an amount of time and go back to playing chess.

How can you concentrate on the chess game after being thrown on the ground or punched in the face?
Man that's tough.

Not to mention the excitement of watching a chess game...almost as lame as watching fishing.
Don't get me wrong, Chess itself is fine; I've played it before and though its not too fun, its "mind stimulating"- but watching it? umm...no.

The people who invented this game are trying to introduce it to America and hope it becomes popular.
We'll see how that goes.

It made me think, what's next? Monopoly Boxing? Scrabble Boxing? LOL

Ok I'm done
...still can't believe there is chess boxing though

No comments:

Post a Comment